This book made waves overseas. The movie is all Nigerians were interested in since Nigerians don’t really like reading. Apart from the captivating story and romantic lines, we all fell in love with dreamy actors Christian and Ana who put up a hundred percent performance of love in its biggest and most erotic form. Loved this book? Or the movie?
Here’s eight things you didn’t know about this book/movie:
- The author E. L. James wrote this book during her “mid life crisis”. She said it contains all her fantasies. Probably why there’s a lot of steamy scenes.
- Fifty shades of grey is the first in its trilogy. The second and third book are ‘Fifty shades darker’ and Fifty shades freed.’
- The author released a fourth book written from the perspective of the hero, titled ‘Grey: Fifty shades of grey as told by Christian’.
- These books earned her 95 million dollars, making her one of Forbes top highest earning authors.
- The movies ‘Fifty shades of grey’ earned over 569 million dollars worldwide, making it the sixth highest grossing film in 2015.
- Despite its success, the book and movie has received terrible, terrible and terrible reviews worldwide.
- A pornographic film company announced its intent to film a pornographic version of the book in 2012. (the movie itself can be said to be one if you know what I mean).
- The Second movie, Fifty Shades Darker is set to be released February 9, 2017. (Very soon, fellow fifty lovers.)